Sunday 24 May 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #187 & Less is More Week 225 Recipe

Another great sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.


I loved the shape of the panel in the sketch and decided to use it in my card, using a small circle die to shape the corners.


For the butterfly I used a magazine freebie die which I've had for a while. I added antennae to the butterfly using a stamp from the Clearly Besotted Butterfly Wishes set and 2 tiny black gems. For the sentiment I used the Clearly Besotted Sentimental Type set and my Stampin' Up punch. I also added 2 eyelets to my sentiment. I was thinking earlier this week that it was about time I used some eyelets and then I saw that the challenge this week at Less is More is to create a card using some metal, one of the suggestions being to use eyelets. I'm therefore entering my card for this week's challenge at Less is More. The paper I used is Bookprint by Papermania. I also used some self-adhesive paper lace, pearls and larger black gems. For the base card I used cream linen card.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Karen x

16 comments:

  1. Lovely, great that you used a freebie we all love those
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! Beautiful butterfly! Love the white space!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card! Clever use of circle punch for corners! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely, I rather care for that butterfly... I must have missed that magazine...shame!
    Super card Karen!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. A clever use of metal Karen and a beautiful CAS card.
    Great take on the challenge.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely CAS card! The blue butterfly is quite pretty against the script. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue and cream combo, really classy. Great use of the eyelets too.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely CAS design. The butterfly and script make a gorgeous combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great freebie! So pretty - love all the little details. CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card, Karen!!! What a great butterfly to get as a free gift!!! Congrats on the pick at FMS, your card is really beautiful!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen what a very pretty creation, lovely!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card....
    Thanks for the visit to my blog. Your support and kind comments are very much appreciated!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so elegant and pretty Karen, I love it!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen,

    Here is the info on the die cut dots. I used these dies -
    http://mftstamps.com/die-namics/stax/die-namics-stitchable-dot-circle-stax

    But I bought them online from Dies to Die For

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous CAS design, lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete